Is St. Georges HOlding In person services?
Yes, for limited numbers at the Sunday 10:00 am service. As of April 11, there are ten (30) spots available each Sunday for in person worship.
How many participants may attend each service?
We can have 25% of our sanctuary’s capacity as long as there is safe distancing, or up to 50 people per service. The exact number per week depends on the makeup of households who attend on any given Sunday, as there will be at least 6 feet between members of different households.
What SHould I do before attending service In-Person?
What can I expect when I arrive at church?
- You can expect to check in with the Vestry Person on Duty for tracing purposes; we encourage you to arrive a few minutes early to help the check in process go smoothly.
- You can expect to be seated by an usher to ensure safe distancing in worship.
What parts of the building will be open?
- The narthex (entryway/hallway) is open for walking through upon arrival and departure, but not for sitting in or gathering in.
- The sanctuary.
- Use of the restrooms is only in case of an emergency.
- All other rooms, including the office, cry room, kitchen, Miller Hall, and all of the downstairs rooms are closed.
How will worship be different than it did before COVID?
What is being done to keep me safe?
What are my options for worship if I decide not to attend in person?
- The 10:00 service is live streamed and available via Zoom, where there will be a host to offer hospitality and welcome, or directly on our parish YouTube channel.
- There are also services of Evening Prayer on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 pm and Compline on Wednesdays at 8 pm, all available via Zoom.
- Links to all services are on the calendar page of St. George’s website.
Will there still be online hospitality?
- Yes! There will be hospitality hour via Zoom that begins at 11:30 am on Sunday mornings, which allows participation for those who worship in person as well as those who worship virtually. The link can be found on the calendar page of St. George’s website.
Are there any options for outside services?
- Occasional outdoor services are offered when the weather is seasonable enough to be outside. When the next outdoor service is scheduled, the information will be posted on the church website. Please remember to bring your own chair.
- Outdoor services will also have communion.