When will We Regather for worship in person?
St. Georges will begin regathering on Sunday, September 6 with services at 8:00 and 10:00.
How many participants may attend each service?
We can have 25% of our sanctuary’s capacity as long as there is safe distancing, or up to 50 people per service. The exact number per week depends on the makeup of households who attend on any given Sunday, as there will be at least 6 feet between members of different households.
What SHould I do before attending my first service In-Person?
What can I expect when I arrive at church?
- You can expect to check in with the Vestry Person on Duty for tracing purposes; we encourage you to arrive a few minutes early to help the check in process go smoothly.
- You can expect to be seated by an usher to ensure safe distancing in worship.
What parts of the building will be open?
- The narthex (entryway/hallway) is open for walking through upon arrival and departure, but not for sitting in or gathering in.
- The sanctuary.
- Use of the restrooms is only in case of an emergency.
- All other rooms, including the office, cry room, kitchen, Miller Hall, and all of the downstairs rooms are closed.
How will worship be different than it did before COVID?
What is being done to keep me safe?
What are my options for worship if I decide not to attend in person?
- The 10:00 service will be live streamed and available via Zoom, where there will be a host to offer hospitality and welcome.
- There are also services of Evening Prayer on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 pm and Compline on Wednesdays at 8 pm, all available via Zoom.
- Links to all services are on the calendar page of St. George’s website.
Will there still be online hospitality?
Are there any options for outside services?
- Yes. On the second Sunday of the month an outdoor service will be held at 5 pm in St. George’s church yard/cemetery. You must preregister for those services, and bring a chair to sit in.
- The outdoor services will also have Communion.